The Certificate Program is designed for students who desire to serve women on the mission field. Students will begin studying midwifery from the basics and continue through more in depth and complicated aspects of midwifery care.
This program is intended for students who do not desire to obtain a U.S. degree or certificate.
These students will be qualified certified international midwives. They will receive a graduation diploma and certificate in "Maternal Child Health Care" with and emphasis in Midwifery from Newlife. Students will be highly qualified to serve the underserved populations of the world.
Academic Modules for the Certificate Program includes modules such as:
- General Midwifery Principles
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic and Advanced Antepartum care
- Basic and Advanced Postpartum care
- Basic and Advanced Intrapartum care
- Basic and Advanced Newborn care
- Well Woman care
- Family Planning
- Intravenous Therapy
- Health Education
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Pregnancy Education
- Culturally Competent Midwifery care
- Fetal Development
- Students must complete all required academic course work and pass all exams with a score of 80 or higher.
- Births as an Observer:
- 20 births
- Clinicals as Assistant under Supervision:
- 40 births, 50 prenatals, 40 newborn exams, 20 postpartum visits as an assistant under the supervision of a qualified preceptor.
- Clinicals as Primary under Supervision:
- 40 births, 200 prenatals (including 20 initial prenatals), 20 newborn exams, and 40 postpartum exams
- Continuity of Care:
- 5 required full Continuity of Care